Are you looking to weld a thin metal object in your workshop? Is your old welding equipment just not doing the job? Well, you need the best tig welder. Does the welder do a precise job without much electricity consumption?
You would need a tig welder that abides by the industry standards and codes. But choosing such a machine can be challenging. That’s why we have curated a list of the best tig welders by doing proper research.
We have kept in mind the common budget, needs, and purpose for what you’ll need the welder. But if you’re still confused about how to buy the right welder for yourself, we have written a proper buying guide for you. Read through the article to find out.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best TIG Welders for Aluminium, Home Use, and Auto Body Repair
- 1.1 1. HZXVOGEN 110V/220V Tig Welder Pulse 200A Dual Voltage Arc Stick- Perfect for Thinner Metals
- 1.2 2. Forney Easy Weld 140 MP, Multi-Process Welder- 3 in 1 Welder for All Purposes
- 1.3 3. 2018 AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder- Affordable Tig Welder with Mega Warranty
- 1.4 4. 2020 Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD ACDC 200 Amp Tig/Stick Welder with Pulse CK 17- Industrial Design from a Reputed Company
- 1.5 5. HITBOX MIG Welder 200Amp Inverter MIG ARC Lift TIG Gas Gasless 4 in 1 Multifunction- Compact and Lightweight machine
- 1.6 6. Lotos TIG200ACDCP 200A AC/DC Pulse Aluminum TIG/Stick ARC Welder with Digital Control- Energy Saver with Powerful Performance
- 1.7 7. SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA Welder 200A Lift TIG Welding Machine Dual Voltage- Safest Welder
- 1.8 8. CANAWELD TIG P 201 DC Made in Canada, TIG welder, stick welder, 200 Amp- Modern Machine with User-Friendly Controls
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Factors to Consider While Buying Best Tig Welder
- 4 Our Top Pick
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Final Verdict
Best TIG Welders for Aluminium, Home Use, and Auto Body Repair
Tig welders are equipment specifically made for thin metal cuttings. You cannot do precise cuttings with your old arc welders. Moreover, you might not need more professional and expensive welders if you don’t have enough work.
So you would need a proper tutorial that we have discussed later in the article. Go through the complete article to understand how to choose the best tig welder in your budget.
1. HZXVOGEN 110V/220V Tig Welder Pulse 200A Dual Voltage Arc Stick- Perfect for Thinner Metals
If you are looking for a multi-function tig welder that specializes in wielding ultra-thin surfaces, this is the right choice for you. The machine’s rig pulse function frequently changes from high amperage to lower current.
It toggles its amperage to ensure you properly wield thinner metals without damage. The feature makes for better penetration and narrower welds in thick metals. The wielder can work on a wide range of rods of thickness 2.5mm, 3.2mm, and 4.0mm.
The wielder also comes with a long digital tig torch that can do a proper welding job for a distance. You will also be able to control the power, current, and gas using the user-friendly buttons on the wielder.
- Remote Control Welding Gun
- Waterproof material for durability
- Comes with accessories including tig torch, gas tube, adapter, electrode holder, an earth clamp
- Over-heat, overvoltage, and low voltage protection
- Digital ammeter
- 1-Year warranty
- The multi-function welding machine is ideal for both thick and thin metals
- It has a compact size and ergonomic shape for easy handling
- Comes with a digital ammeter and remote control for easy handling and accurate measurements
- The torch might be a bit longer for some, although that is a plus point, too, if you want to weld from a distance.
2. Forney Easy Weld 140 MP, Multi-Process Welder- 3 in 1 Welder for All Purposes
If you have tig welding, MIG welding as well as stick-welding in your workshop, don’t look for three separate machines. Instead, choose this one all-purpose welder that can perform all the tasks smoothly.
It has a rugged and heavily built body that would provide you with exemplary longevity because of its all-metal case. The machine is capable of medium-scale works and can handle up to 10-pound rolls of wire.
It also has an infinite adjustable voltage, which can weld rods of different thickness properly. The wire speed field controls also allow you to manually select the optimum speeds for welding.
- Current Output range from 10A to 140A
- Rated Output Voltage range 12-23A
- Comes with MIG gun, handle with torch wrap, integrated clamp, 8′ electrode holder, contact tip, and adapter
- Three-position switch for a quick change in the process
- The multi-process welded from Forney is built like a truck with its all-metal body
- You can do both flux core welding and switch to gas set up to run mild steel
- You can easily run stick welding as soon as you get the product
- You would need to buy tungsten electrodes, gas, torch, and regulator to perform DC TIG welding from this machine
3. 2018 AHP AlphaTIG 200X 200 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder- Affordable Tig Welder with Mega Warranty
If you are looking for a trustworthy tig welder that can last you more than a few years, AHP is the brand you can trust. The welder from AHP delivers a powerful output of 200A and is apt for factory usage.
It works on a constantly changing power from 5 to 200A. The device provides wider control for newer users by offering the full range of pulse features and cleaning control. You can control the welder using the pedal control, which makes the operation smooth. The product comes with a massive 3-year warranty testifying to the trust the company has in its product.
- Advanced Inverter Technology with Pulse Width Modulation
- Works precisely on aluminum, stainless steel, and copper
- Foot pedal included
- 200A powerful output
- 69 pounds weight
- 3-year warranty
- The product comes with all necessary tig consumables for immediate use
- The product is adept for industrial usage because of its power output and durability
- It can weld up to ⅜” mild steel and ¼” aluminum in quick time
4. 2020 Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD ACDC 200 Amp Tig/Stick Welder with Pulse CK 17- Industrial Design from a Reputed Company
Weld is easily one of the best tig welder companies and has managed to gain an excellent reputation in just a span of a few years. Its newest product, Weldpro Digital, is a two one welder ideal for you if you’re looking for a machine that offers both stick welding and TIG welding for your workshops.
It comes with an ergonomic design that can easily fit in the compact spaces of your workshop. The rocker-style foot pedal control offers easy and smooth operation, which is necessary while welding.
Its inverter-based technology, combined with its lighter weight, makes for energy-efficient welding. That makes it one of the best welding machines of 2020. The package comes equipped with all necessary accessories like a work clamp, gas, and even stick for stick welding.
- 110v/240v rated electrical input
- Powerful TIG operation from 5 to 200A
- Stick Amp range 20-180A
- Adjustable pulse, upslope and downslope control
- Stick function with stinger included
- Weldpro’s flagship is one of the best welding machines in its range because of its versatility and impact
- It is a lightweight machine which consumes lower energy than heavier best welding machines
- A proper foot pedal and digital meter allow for easy operation and measurement
- The machine is air-cooled, so you would need to avoid welding thicker metals for too long as it may result in overheating
5. HITBOX MIG Welder 200Amp Inverter MIG ARC Lift TIG Gas Gasless 4 in 1 Multifunction- Compact and Lightweight machine
If you need a welding machine for a smaller workshop or your home, you can buy the Hitbox welder that weighs a meager 19 pounds. But that doesn’t stop it from delivering 200A powerful output.
It’s a safe and durable machine that can fulfill various purposes. Even at its cost-effective price, it proves to be one of the best welding machines as it allows for stick welding, MIG welding as well as MIG flux core welding.
That’s not it. You can also perform Lift TIG welding, although the tools aren’t included. The machine’s portability also makes it one of the best tig welder machines at its price.
- 9.7kg lightweight
- 4 in one function with MIG, TIG, ARC, and gasless welding
- Ready to be used instantly
- Input Voltage adjustable from 15V to 220V
- Duty Cycle is about 30% of 200A
- It is a compact machine suitable for smaller-scale and household projects
- It allows you to weld in four different ways despite its lower cost
- Comes ready to use with all accessories inside the package
- It’s the best tig welder for households and smaller workshops but is too light and weak for larger factories.
6. Lotos TIG200ACDCP 200A AC/DC Pulse Aluminum TIG/Stick ARC Welder with Digital Control- Energy Saver with Powerful Performance
If you are looking for a powerful welder that doesn’t consume much power, Lotos is your ideal bet. One of the best tig welder brands of the US, Lotos welder, comes with a digital control pulse frequency for easy usage.
It saves up to 80% of electricity with its duty cycle of 60%. You don’t need to adjust the parameters every time you start welding. The machine offers ten parameter saving settings for faster completing of welding tasks.
HF start hand torch control, and quick functioning digital pedal along with its heat control make it one of the best tig welders in this price segment.
- AC/DC pulse welding with 50 to 200 AC power and digital control. It’s good enough for precise welding of ¼” aluminum and ⅜” steel
- 60% Duty Cycle
- 80% Power Efficiency
- PAPST Advanced Cooling System and Overheat protection
- Lotos welder provided optimum control through hand torch as well as digital foot pedal which can allow you to operate the machine easily
- It also includes ARC/Stick welder, which delivers 20 to 180V AC output.
- The Hot Start technology allows the welder to quickly gain speed, which in turn improved the stick welding function.
- You would have to buy the foot pedal separately while the welder’s cost is already on par with others.
7. SUNGOLDPOWER ARC MMA Welder 200A Lift TIG Welding Machine Dual Voltage- Safest Welder
If you are worried about the safety of the welder you buy, especially when buying online, consider buying Sun Gold Power’s offering. One of the best tig welders in its range, Sungold’s machine, is also the safest as it provides a self-protective function in cases of over-voltage, low-voltage, over-current, and over-heat.
The safe and reliable machine comes with a 200A powerful TIF function, which can go down as low as 20A to ensure precise cuttings of thinner steel, cast iron as well as aluminum. It has a full-bridge DC inverter technology to save power. The lightweight machine is also compatible with a generator ideal for factory use.
- Rated Input Voltage AC 110/220V
- Lightweight at just 16 pounds
- Digital Display for easy readings
- Adjustable welding current 20-200A
- 1-year warranty
- The machine is lightweight, portable, and compact and can fit in smaller benches and shops too.
- The best welder in this segment also comes with a 59.05 ground clamp.
- The digital display makes it easier for you to operate and measure in real-time. That, in turn, helps in precise cuttings.
- You can’t add a foot pedal to this machine, which is a turnoff since most machines include that.
- The machine doesn’t come with a TIG torch, which you have to buy separately.
8. CANAWELD TIG P 201 DC Made in Canada, TIG welder, stick welder, 200 Amp- Modern Machine with User-Friendly Controls
If you are new to welding, you shouldn’t be struggling with old-fashioned machines difficult to figure out. Instead, opt for the Canaweld Tig that comes with all the modern features you can imagine in the best tig welder.
It is a high frequency for an easy and quick start, high 240V adjustable input voltage, and can use leads up to 165 feet with any power loss. That makes it a power-efficient as well as a powerful welder.
And it’s one of the easiest machines to operate because it comes with both foot pedal and finger touch controls for your convenience. It also comes with digital controls to keep track of and set all welding parameters. The intelligent welder also selects the best welding arc parameters for quick welding sessions.
- 120V/240V Input Voltage
- 39.7 pounds of weight
- HF start for precise TIG weld on thin steel
- Fan Cooled and Thermally Protected
- Digital adjustment of welding current, base current, slope up, down, post gas, and more available with digital display
- The machine offers a lot of user-friendly options like amperage adjustment from the handheld torch as well as foots pedal making it the best tig welder in this range.
- Pulse TIG offers better art control, and the Arc Force also selects the best welding arc dynamics whenever you’re using
- It comes with multiple safety measures like thermal protection, fan cooling, and over heavy protection
- It comes with a 3-year warranty
- MIG welding isn’t available with this machine although that is available in its competitors.
Buying a tig welder isn’t an easy process. You need to consider a lot of factors before selecting the best tig welder for your workshop. Of course, price is a factor, but you also have to consider the portability and size of the welder.
You also need to check the power, speed, and performance of the welder. You would need a powerful to weld a professional car component, but a light welder can fix a broken window grill.
Tig is a specialized process that is used to produce crafty welds like stylish doors and metal components. So how do you select the best welder for yourself? Consider these factors to find out.
Must Read:- Does Welding Cause Cancer?
Factors to Consider While Buying Best Tig Welder
Tig welding works based on the adjustment of heat that can prevent the metal from burning. The Tig pulsing technique is typically used while welding thin metal or stainless steel, which otherwise may burn on excessive heat. A higher pulse will result in a stronger weld.
A smooth foot pedal is essential in operating a welder since you would have to perform welds in awkward positions at times. You may be using both your hands in controlling the torch, and hence having a foot pedal becomes essential to achieve optimum control.
You should also be able to adjust the slope of the foot pedal. Moreover, the pedal should be fairly responsive to adjust the heat instantly.
Must Check:- Does Welding Produce Radiation and Why Should You Care?
Controls and Display
The Controls of the welder should be put properly as knobs and so. You should be able to read proper amperage through a digital display if you have long hours of work at your disposal. That saves you off some fatigue and makes your work smoother.
Plasma Cutting and Stick Welding Option
If you want machines for both thick metals as well as thinner ones, consider buying a welder that does both. Several tig welders offer stick welding and plasma cutting options.
If you buy such machinery, you would save a lot of costs and will be able to do multiple cutting tasks in a quick time. Stick capabilities are often useful when trying to cut blunt shapes quickly.
Welders can get quite hot and need to have a cooling system installed to work smoothly. Water-cooled torches are rare as air-cooled torches suffice most cooling needs. Water-cooled torches can do precise work in smaller areas because of their smaller head. Air-cooled torches may also get a bit too hot at times.
Explained:- What is Undercut in Welding?
Smaller tig welders weigh around 40 pounds while larger industrial tig welders may weigh up to 0 pounds. These days, lighter options are also available for household use or use in small shops.
Smaller tig welders come in handy in doing most small to medium scale tasks and can easily be moved from one place to another. Larger welders are hard to port but can perform very long welding tasks with ease.
Our Top Pick
Weldpro Digital TIG 200GD ACDC 200 Amp Tig/Stick Welder
Weldpro Digital offers excellent weld penetration that helps clean aluminum oxidation. This crucial property is missing in most others on the list.
The CK17 torch of Weldpro comes with a flex head that is of exemplary quality made exclusively in the US. It comes equipped with MIG and TIG torches saving you a lot of costs. These torches were missing in several welders of this range. Finally, the two years warranty and reputable name of the brand make it an ideal buy for small to medium factories.
Rating- 4.3 out of 5
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Tig welding easy to learn?
Tig welding requires you to follow a strict structural code. It is indeed a complex process but gets easier with the use of foot pedals and digital meters.
Q2. What is tig welding best used for?
Tig welding is employed to weld steel, stainless steel, magnesium, copper, nickel alloys. It is used to weld components of bikes, lawnmowers, lawn handles, fenders, and more.
Q3. Is TIG stronger than MIG?
Tig produces cleaner and more precise cuts and hence is the strongest of the three methods- tig, mig, and arc.
Q4. Why are the best tig welders expensive?
Tig welders are made exclusively of copper wires, and hence it is an expensive machine. Coppers are much more expensive than steel and other elements.
Q5. What are the disadvantages of tig welding?
Tig welders are specifically used to cut thin materials. It is not suitable to weld thicker materials.
You need to consider a lot of factors while buying a tig welder. Consulting an expert would be the right option to do. If you have relevant experience in the field, you would know your unique requirements in the field.
But otherwise, read our buying guide thoroughly to understand what your needs are and what you should spend. It’s no use buying an AC power output tig welder if you only use it once in a while.
Also, keep in mind that the ideal tig welder should have foot pedals as well as proper cooling equipment. Water cooling equipment cools better than air-cooled welders. You should consider power, infrastructure, personal preferences, as well as space needs.