Does your job require various types of welding? Are you worried about how to buy three different types of welders on a budget? Well, why not choose one machine that does it all. Yes, we have curated a list of welders that deliver powerful performance and are extremely versatile.
Certain welders can perform various tasks like MIG welding, TIG welding, and stick welding in a single machine. Instead of buying three different welders, you can just buy a multi-purpose welder that can weld thicker metals, thin metals, aluminum, stainless steel, and more.
These welders are suitable for DIY hobbyists as well as professional welding tasks at a little extra cost. You can now buy one machine that can perform various welding tasks instead of three different machines for different tasks.
Table of Contents
- 1 List of Best Multi-Process Welders With Plasma Cutter In 2022
- 1.1 1. Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter Multi-Process Welder with Dual Voltage- Multi-Purpose Welder in a Budget
- 1.2 2. Lincoln Electric POWER MIG 210 MP Multi-Process Welder Aluminum- Ideal for Hobbyists
- 1.3 3. PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with Pulse CK17 Flex Torch and Cable- Powerful Welder with Smooth Control
- 1.4 4. SUNGOLDPOWER MIG 150A Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed- Budget Welder for Household Usage
- 1.5 5. Forney Easy Weld 140 MP, Multi-Process Welder- Tough multi-purpose welder at a low price
- 1.6 6. ESAB EMP215IC 120/230-Volt Dual Voltage Professional Grade MIG/TIG/Stick Welder- Best in Class Welder for Industrial usage
- 1.7 7. YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG Welder, 200Amp 110/220V Dual Voltage- Budget welder that does it all
- 1.8 8. EverlastPower MTS 251Si Pulse MIG TIG Stick 250amp 110v/220v Multi-Process Welder- Insanely Powerful and Power Efficient welder
- 2 Buying Guide – Best factors to consider while buying a welder
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Our Top Pick
- 5 Final Verdict
List of Best Multi-Process Welders With Plasma Cutter In 2022
Many companies sell their best multi-process welders just in the name of performing three tasks at once. But it’s no use buying a product that cannot perform even one of the tasks professionally.
It’s no use buying a jack of all trades and master of none. You should understand your needs and select the best multi-purpose welder to at least fulfill your primary needs properly.
Your welder may be able to perform various tasks like cutting thick aluminum, thin steel, and more perfectly. But then you would have to understand that you may not spend a lot of dollars on buying a complete welder when you only need MIG welding or do as of now.
Instead, you should buy the best multi-purpose welder without the TIG welding accessories because you never know when you would need an upgrade. Since the costs of a MIG welder and a multi-purpose welder aren’t much different, you should choose an inexpensive one in such a case. Check out the complete list and buying guide given below to make the right decision.
1. Weldpro 200 Amp Inverter Multi-Process Welder with Dual Voltage- Multi-Purpose Welder in a Budget
The 3-in-1 best multi-process welder from Weldpro is capable of performing MIG, tig, and stick welding with ease. It has a Dual digital display making the measurements easy to track and the machine easier to operate.
You can even perform welding jobs aluminum through this machinery. Despite all its powerful qualities, the welder weighs just about 30 pounds. Its compact size allows you to accommodate the machine in small benches.
The 200AMP output is enough for various processes like aluminum welding with a spool gun, stick welding, and flux core welding.
- 200A Powerful Output
- 30 pounds lightweight
- Comes with 10ft mig torch and 13ft tig torch
- Comes with Dual Digital Display to set wire speeds and amperage consequently
- Weld offers cost-effective machinery that can perform a host of welding tasks. Hence, you can save the cost of buying different welders.
- The welder takes little space and can fit in easily in smaller workshops. Its lighter weight makes it a portable option.
- It also allows for braising various metals using the TIG brazing technique.
- The machine built looks a bit cheap, but overall it punches well above its weight.
2. Lincoln Electric POWER MIG 210 MP Multi-Process Welder Aluminum- Ideal for Hobbyists
The 40-pound machine from Lincoln Electric is a mini beast with its 210 MP power supply. It is a very fancy type of equipment with colourful digital display for easy setup and operation. It provides simplicity in usage that is so crucial for new hobbyists.
While it specializes in MIG welding, it is also adept at aluminum welding, stick welding, and TIG welding. It’s quite sturdily built with an all-metal wire drive and sheet metal construction.
The digital controls allow you to push and turn and set optimum settings for easy setup. The price is probably the only thing that goes against it.
- Dual Voltage Inputs of 120V to 230V. So you can use it in both the home and office.
- Large Colour Display
- Portable and Lightweight
- Comes with a Spool Gun
- The welder is an all-rounder. It can perform all kinds of welding and work in a household and factory power plugs.
- Its portability feature allows you to carry it from the garage to the yard and so easily.
- Its body is quite touching, and barring accidents, the machine will last quite long
- The welder is priced quite high despite its mainly household usage for hobbyists.
3. PRIMEWELD TIG225X 225 Amp IGBT AC DC Tig/Stick Welder with Pulse CK17 Flex Torch and Cable- Powerful Welder with Smooth Control
If you’re looking for a powerful welder that can weld thicker metals in a quick time, don’t look further than this one from Primewield. The welder operating at 225A offers pulse tig welding and stick welding, particularly welding aluminum, stainless steel, and thinner metals.
If you regularly need to carve out intricate designs with thinner metals, this is the one for you. It comes with a powerful foot pedal for when you are operating with both hands. You can also use the controls on the hand torch when using the foot isn’t convenient. Its advanced inverter technology also makes it a power-efficient option.
- 200HZ Pulse and AC frequency capable of welding mild steel ⅜” and thin aluminium ¼”.
- Comes with the USA-made CK17 tig torch with a flex head for easy control.
- Includes HF hand control as well as a foot pedal
- Adjustable voltage 110V/220V.
- Primeweld’s best multi-purpose welder offers 225A power that can weld thinner metals with ease.
- You can avoid buying any accessories for tig welding as it comes with a quality handheld torch.
- Its 3-year warranty is the best in class and testifies its durability.
- The welder is quite heavy at 90 pounds and hence can’t move easily from one place to another.
4. SUNGOLDPOWER MIG 150A Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed- Budget Welder for Household Usage
If you’re looking for an expensive welder for your home’s mild hobby tasks, consider buying the Sungold Power machine that offers a variety of features at an unbelievable price. The 150A MIG welder has a stainless steel body that looks quite tough and premium.
It also offers thermal protection that makes it ideal for new hobbyists and prevents accidents. You would get adjustable power settings from 80A to 150A that come in useful while cutting thinner metals. The inexpensive machine is ideal for welding iron, mild steel, and other such metals.
- 110V Input Voltage
- 80-150A Adjustable Voltage
- Torch with full-on/off and safety control
- 4 level current flow setting
- The welder has a powerful stainless steel body that is built to last long.
- It comes with welding wire and masks and offers proper thermal protection to avoid accidents.
- The welder isn’t particularly the best multi-purpose welder since it can’t do tig welding for thin metals.
5. Forney Easy Weld 140 MP, Multi-Process Welder- Tough multi-purpose welder at a low price
If you’re looking for a proper and best multi-purpose welder to replace your old machine, Forney Easy is an excellent option for you. The 3-in-1 welding machine can perform MIG welding, tig welding as well as stick welding.
It comes with the MIG welding accessories, although you would need to separately buy a hose and regulator. With a 140A powerful operation, you can easily weld about ¼” mild steel in one go.
For tig welding, you would need to buy an apt torch, hose, electrode, gas, and hose separately. That is why this welder is the ideal replacement instead of being your first purchase.
- 3-in-1 best multi-purpose welder without the accessories for tig welding
- 3-position switch for a quick change of process
- It includes a 10′ mig gun, electrode, handles with torch wrap, and other MIG welding accessories
- Adjustable power from 10A to 140A
- The machine does three types of welding at an unbeatable cost. It cuts on equipment that people typically have and provides an inexpensive option.
- Its infinite voltage control makes it ideal for welding thinner metals with great precision.
- The rugged all-metal case is built to last long and comes with a 12-year warranty
- The machine doesn’t come with essential equipment for tig as well as stick welding, so you’d have to pay for accessories separately.
6. ESAB EMP215IC 120/230-Volt Dual Voltage Professional Grade MIG/TIG/Stick Welder- Best in Class Welder for Industrial usage
ESAB’s dual voltage multi-purpose welder is the right option for you if the quality is your top priority. The modern yet powerful machine comes with a large and colorful digital display.
It displays proper instructions and a listing of spare parts, so you don’t miss a step. While the product does cost quite a bit, it’s a complete package with high-quality tig accessories, earth clamp, MIG gun, tig torch, and regulator.
The professional unit is highly portable with its ergonomic unibody design, 5 handle roll cage, and it’s built to last with its 3-year warranty. The welder is undoubtedly a complete one-time investment that you can’t regret buying.
- Mig, flux core, stick and tig welding unit
- Comes with a large HD display
- Easy to carry unibody design with a 5-handle roll cage
- Contains all accessories for welding
- 120/230V adjustable voltage
- The rugged machine from ESAB weighs 79 pounds, but it’s easy to handle design makes it a portable option.
- You won’t need to buy anything else and can immediately start your welding work.
- Ideal for new users with proper instructions on its large display.
- The machine is quite expensive and isn’t worth it for part-time welders and hobbyists.
7. YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG Welder, 200Amp 110/220V Dual Voltage- Budget welder that does it all
If you’re looking for an inexpensive welder that can cover all kinds of steel welding tasks, this one is a strong choice. Yeswelder can perform stick welding, lift tig welding, gasless and gas MIG, and stick welding.
It has a digital display with synergic controls that ensure easier and smoother operation. It has adjustable amperage from 30A to 205A that provides proper measurement and precise welding. The machine comes with MIG welding accessories, but you’d have to buy accessories for tig welding separately.
If you plan on using tig welding later and only cut thicker metals right now, this is an excellent choice. The welder also provides automatic function from over-voltage, overheat, as well as over current.
- 2T/4T design for spot and quick welding along with continuous welding, respectively
- Large display to track thickness, Amperage, Voltage, and Inductance
- Lightweight at just 33 pounds
- 200A-50A adjustable current
- This welder’s synergy control allows for an automatic change in wire feeding speed and voltage when choosing different welding thickness. It saves you from any amateur mistakes.
- You can use the 4T for continuous long-term welding where you don’t have to use your hands.
- It’s one of the safest welders with an automatic protection function.
- You can’t use the welder on aluminium
- The welder doesn’t come with a tig torch and other accessories that you have to buy separately.
8. EverlastPower MTS 251Si Pulse MIG TIG Stick 250amp 110v/220v Multi-Process Welder- Insanely Powerful and Power Efficient welder
If you have frequent welding tasks to perform throughout the day, you need a machine that can deliver enough power for longer periods. Everlast Power welders one of the most insanely powerful machines with its 250A output. But at the same time, its 35% duty cycle can save a lot of electricity too.
It’s a digitally controlled best multi-process welder that performs MIG, TIG, and Stick welding effectively and adept at pulse MIG, pulse TIG, and Synergy MIG welding modes. You would have a hard time finding both pulse tig and pulse mig functions in the same machine, making Everlast a unique offering.
The welder is compact and comes with a 12″ TIG torch and other accessories for you to start immediately.
- 250A adjustable power
- HF touchless start and Lift Start options
- Complete Digital Measurements and Easy Controls
- Foot Pedal as well as handheld controls
- The Everlast welder is truly a beast performing welding on thicker and thinner metals with much ease.
- It comes with all accessories needed for TIG welding, MIG welding, stick welding, Synergy welding, and more.
- You can also control hot start intensity and duration in stick mode, helping get the best out of stick welding.
- The product is quite large and heavy. It’s not ideal for mobile welding, which is a drawback, especially when you have just one welder at your workshop.
Buying Guide – Best factors to consider while buying a welder
Choosing a machine as complicated as a welder is already a tough task, especially online. It becomes even more challenging when the welder you are looking to buy is a multi-purpose one. Here is the list of factors to consider before buying the best multi-purpose welder:
Ideally, a multi-purpose welder should offer a dual voltage power supply. That adds to more versatility since you can plug the machine in your household 120V ports as well as 24pV power plugs. Higher voltage output also makes the welder capable of welding thick material in a single pass.
The basic purpose of buying a multi-purpose welder is its versatility. Your welder should support various welding processes like MIG, TIG, and stick welding. Additional processes include pulse MIG welding, pulse TIG welding, and more.
The MIG process is suitable for fixing blunt and thick or sharp equipment like farm tools, car frames, and more. TIG welding works on thinner, precise welding and intricate detailing. It is ideal for sculpture purposes.
Modern welders come with large displays that allow you to read proper voltage, amperage, thickness, and more. The digital display makes the process easier to control and helps you complete the job faster.
It gets easier to control critical factors like wire speeds and more using the digital display. Having an HD colour display helps further quicken the process.
Heavyweight units are fine for professional workshops where you put your welding machine at one location. But lightweight and portable welders are better for DIY hobbyists and household uses.
If you have just one welder in your workshop, you might look for a lighter option there too. A lighter multi-purpose welder would typically weigh around 40 pounds.
Need to Know:- What is Undercut in Welding?
Multi-purpose welders come as a cost-effective alternative to buy three separate welders. You should choose an affordable and inexpensive unit for DIY purposes. Buy a more expensive and rugged one for professional use.
Welders become dangerous machines if they become too hot. They can cause serious burns and extensive damage. So overload protection that turns off the welder on an overload of voltage and current is necessary.
You can safely switch through different welding processes with this feature too. The body of the welder can get quickly damaged without proper overload protection and cooling mechanism.
The warranty range is a good measure of the durability of a product. Even your welding machine comes with a higher warranty, it will likely last longer. You should also ensure that all major parts are built heavily using metal.
It is a massive investment, and you can’t afford to buy new welders now and then. You should choose your welder wisely, considering the durability since it will save you money over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What should I consider while choosing a multi-purpose welder for commercial purposes?
Ans. If you want a welder for commercial purposes, you should choose one with sufficient amps of output power. The welder from last can produce powerful amperage of 250A, and that is ideal if your workshop has extensive work.
Q2. How can I choose a multi-process welder based on the power supply?
Ans. You need to check the power supply which is needed and available depending upon your requirements. Electric and gas-powered are two of the major supplies you will find in welders.
Q3. What are the benefits of portable welders?
Ans. You get the benefits of ease of transportation and storage, especially when you have a small workshop or are looking for a welder for DIY projects.
Q4. Which additional features should I love for in a multi-purpose welder?
Ans. You should consider features like the digital display, integrated handle, user interface, foot pedal, and more in your multi-purpose welder.
Q5. Should I buy a MIG or a stick welder?
Ans. MIG welders are excellent for fabrication and work best on metals that are unpainted and clean. For painted pr rusting metals, stick welding is the best option especially if the metal is thick.
Our Top Pick
ESAB EMP215IC 120/230-Volt Dual Voltage Professional Grade MIG/TIG/Stick Welder
Esab welder, with its full HD digital display, easily provides the best mix of unibody ergonomic design and a proper display for best measurements. Moreover, the welder is quite durable, which its 3-year warranty testifies.
Moreover, it takes care of all your welding needs by providing all kinds of welding services apart from the accessories.
The best multi-purpose welder is of course, the most powerful and flawless machine that does more than just basic welding processes. You should be sure about what kind of welding needs you have right now and what you would need over time.
The welder should be able to switch between various welding processes smoothly to minimize your manual efforts. If you are searching for a single machine that can fix all your professional welding needs, you should buy a multi-purpose welder that can perform various welding tasks and has powerful amperage.
Esab rebel is one of the best versatile professional welding machines and has an intuitive display interface. It also has a comfortable handle design. However, you should pay the most attention to lightweight and portable products for household usage.